Easter Sunday : Drop Your Stones at the Cross
Icebreaker: What is your favorite quiet place to go for peace and quiet?
- What are some problems people experience that they carry around with them?
THE BIGGEST STONE
- Read Luke 23:55-24:11. What were the spices they prepared to be used for?
- Since they were preparing these spices, what did they expect to find in the tomb?
- Read Mark 16:1-6. What was their biggest concern walking to the tomb?
- What do you think was their biggest issue when they arrived at the tomb?
- Why do you think they had such a hard time believing that Jesus rose from the grave?
- What are problems that we have today that we don’t think Jesus can handle??
CHANGE WHERE YOU LOOK
- Read John 20:11-18. Where was Mary looking for Jesus?
- Why do you think the appearance of two angels had no affect on Mary’s thoughts?
- Why do you think Mary didn’t recognize Jesus?
- What was necessary got Mary to recognize Jesus??
- What difference does it make that we have a personal God?
Application – What is one way that we as believers and the church in the world can show people that we serve a living God? What is one thing this week that you can do?
As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.