Every day, our kids are bombarded with the message that the Bible isn’t the true Word of God, that it can’t be trusted to tell us the truth about the past or, more importantly, about how we can receive the gift of eternal life. At Operation Arctic, your kids will warm up to the Word as they explore the coolest Book on the planet and discover how we can know for sure that the Bible is God’s written word to us!
Grab your parka and snow boots! For VBS 2017, we’re headed deep into the stunning Arctic Circle that is filled with treasure and thrilling to explore! And be sure to pack your Bible—we’ll be learning all about this breathtakingly beautiful Book that is filled with treasure and thrilling to explore! As we venture into the cold tundra, we’ll discover that the BIBLE:
- • Is the Book of Books, unique in every way!
- • Has had an Incredible Impact upon our world!
- • Is the Bedrock Base of our lives!
- • Is a Letter of Love in which God tells us how we can become His children!
- • Is Exciting to Explore as we learn it, love it, and live it!
What can my kids expect?
Our explorers will begin warming up to the Word from the very first minute they arrive at Operation Arctic. The mission begins at Snowfall Station with the Opening Assembly, a high-energy opening with entertaining welcomes, rockin' songs, a mission moment, and prayer. Then we rotate through four fun sites:
• Treasure Point Bible Time - where explorers learn important Bible truths in fun and creative ways;
• Glacier Gap Games - where explorers discover that preparation is “snow” easy and games are filled with chills and thrills;
• Klondike Corner Snacks - where explorers won’t want to pass up the cool treats that are waiting to melt in their mouths;
• Discovery Pass - where explorers will create awesome crafts;
After finishing the day's rotations, everyone heads back to Snowfall Station for the Closing Assembly that includes more singing, moment on missions, scripture memory and the greatly anticipated daily drama, which is a highlight of the kids' day.