Jesus Can – The God of FOREVER
The God of the Future–Jesus Can ________________.
Scripture: Isaiah 9:6,7, Joshua 5:13-15, Psalm 10:16
Icebreaker: When you set a morning alarm, do you snooze for a while, or wake up right away?
- Do you avoid, actively engage in, or begin conversations about politics? On a scale from 1 to 10 how uncomfortable are you when the topic of politics comes up? How frustrated do you get when someone doesn’t agree with the same politics as you
- Do you avoid, actively engage in, or begin conversations about God? On a scale from 1 to 10 how uncomfortable are you when the topic of religion comes up? How frustrated do you get when someone doesn’t agree with the same religious beliefs as you?
- Read Isaiah 9:6,7 Tim pointed out 4 needs from this passage:
- Wonderful Counselor- Wisdom
- Mighty God- Strength
- Everlasting Father- Love
- Prince of Peace- Peace Which of these resonates with you the most in this season of your life? Why?
- Read Joshua 5:13 – 15 – Why do you feel like the Commander of the Lord’s army responded that he is not for either side? Why was he not for the Nation of Israel?
- Tim talked about the fact that every government rises and falls. How can this be unsettling? How does this bring you comfort?
- “There is no government that can fix our soul” – For every Christian, our personal relationship with Christ should be the “one” thing that soothes our sorrows, guides us in difficulty, and strengthens us in weakness. What are some other avenues (people, habits, food) you use to soothe, guide and strengthen yourself?
- What are some practical ways we can put our hope in the Kingdom of God rather than our earthly governments?
Note: Please take the time to tailor these questions to your group dynamic.
Share by clicking one of the buttons below: