Part of Something Greater – Know Jesus
Icebreaker: What is one thing you are looking forward too?
Tim started talking about “something greater” and a team he was a part of when he was young. Have you ever felt a part of something greater? Over the next 4 weeks we are going to look at how God wants us all to be a part of something greater. It starts with the 4 concepts of Exodus 6:6-7. Read Ex 6:6-7
- What were the 4 promises of God for the Israelites? Hint: Bring out of slavery, free you from slaves to them, redeem you, take you as my own.
- What was necessary before God could bring the Israelites out of Egypt? Read John 3:16 and Matt 10:39
- What things are necessary for us to know about Jesus and salvation?
- Why is it important that at some time we recognize the cause of salvation – that God loved us and needed to redeem us?
- What are the consequences of that decision? Read 2 Cor 5:17
- Why do you think we need to be a new creation? Read Revelation 3:20
- Where is Jesus unless you ask him in?
- Have you asked him into your life? Have you told your story of salvation to others?
Application: Share your testimony (your story) with the group or have someone share their story. Consider having all who are comfortable doing it to share in the coming weeks. It can help them be more at ease when God provides an opportunity to share with others. Those who haven’t ever done this before can use the simple stages of life before, how to become a Christian, and how life changed.
Note: Please take the time to tailor these questions to your group dynamic.