PIONEERS – His Needs
Icebreaker: What is your favorite animal – domesticated or wild – and why? (Just a side note, icebreaker questions aren’t my strong suit, feel free to insert your own!)
Wives, submit to your husbands
- What was the command for husbands last week? (Love wives) Love – Read Ephesians 5: 21-24, 33
- What are christians told to do in verse 21?
- What does that mean to you? Or what are examples of that in the church today?
- What are wives told to do in verses 22 and 33?
- What does submission and respect look like to you?
- What does in not look like? Read Galatians 3:28, ! Corinthians 11:3, 24
- How does God view nationalities, races, classes, and genders?
- How does this affect your thinking of the Ephesians verses – or does it?
- Since we are all one in Christ, does that make it easier to submit to each other, and why or why not? (I would look for a discussion that we are not yet perfect, which makes submission more difficult, although it is hard for us as Christians to submit to God.) Tim indicated that he thinks most men are insecure in leading and in relationships, which is why respect/submission is what men especially need to flourish. Here are three things a wife can do to support her husband and build him up. Say and show “I trust you” to them.
- What does trust do for insecurity?
- Has anyone shown trust to you in your life? How has this affected your personal growth? Say and show that you are in awe of them. Read 1 Peter 3:1-2
- Since not all husbands are perfect 🙂 what are things you can do to tear down your husband?
- On the other hand, how can you show support and encouragement to your husband? Say and show “I want you”. Read 1 Corinthians 7:1-5
- What does Paul say about sexual relations in a marriage? 15 Should this area of marriage be used to control the other partner?
- Sorry, this application is for the gals – What can you do in the next week to show submission/respect for your spouse or boyfriend? As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.
Click a button below to share: