Stones: The Weight We Carry – The Weight of Your Present
Icebreaker : What is one of the best things you have ever done in your life?
- What are some words that describe your life today?
- Today we are going to look at one day in Jacob’s life. What can you tell us about Jacob?
- Read Genesis 28: 10-15. Why was Jacob traveling alone to Haran?
- What did Jacob dream that night?
- What promises did God make to Jacob?
- How was and is God still fulfilling those promises today?
- How do you think Jacob felt when he woke up in the morning after having this dream?
- Read Psalm 118:24, Genesis 28:16-22. What did Jacob say when he woke up from his sleep?
- Have you seen God work even though you weren’t aware of His presence at the time?
- How did this dream and God’s promises to him change his outlook for the future?
- According to the verse in Psalms, how are we to approach each day?
- Do you have a “life verse” that helps direct your daily outlook?
- How can having/claiming a life verse help overcome both the business of life and the “daily rut” routine of life?
- Application – What is one thing you can do to give your daily life more focus?
As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.