Part of Something Greater – Discover Purpose
Icebreaker: What have you Fixed Up/repaired in your life that you are proud of?? Or what are you thinking about fixing up that you haven’t quite gotten to yet? If that doesn’t resonate with you …….. What is your favorite antique and why?
- Review – read Exodus 6:6-7 1 What are the 4 promises?
- What is the definition of redeem? Tim’s was buyback, repurchase, change for the better, repair, restore. FIRST POINT: IT IS NOT YOUR PURPOSE, IT IS GOD’S PURPOSE
- Read:Romans 8:28, Ephesians 1:11-12, Ephesians 2:10, John 15:16. What do each of these verses say to you about our purpose? NOTE: It is easy to get tied up in how predestination can co-exist with free will. If it does, you can ask if their God is big enough to combine them into one plan!
- What are some characteristics of how God designed us?
- What kind of fruit does John 15:16 say we will produce? Or What are examples of lasting fruit?
- SECOND POINT: NO RETURN POLICY. How did Tim compare condemn and convict? (Condemn – here you are, no way out; convict – here is where you are and here is your way out)
- Read Romans 8:1-4. What is our way out of condemnation and conviction according to these verses?
- Read: Proverbs 19:21, Romans 11:29. What do these 2 verses say about God’s plans?
- Read Isaiah 40:31. How do eagles use storms to rise above the clouds?
- What storms are you facing that will require faith to “fly into”?
- THIRD POINT: YOUR DESIGN REVEALS YOUR ROLE Read: Romans 12:6 Ephesians 4:11-12 11 What do you know about spiritual gifts?
- Are spiritual gifts limited to people who have attained a certain spiritual level? Why do you think God has given them to all?
- What was required of Tabitha, the deacons in Acts, and Bezalel had in common?
- Were they doing things they hated to do? Why do you think this?
Application: Learning what your spiritual gift is isn’t difficult. However no one has discovered their spiritual gift doing nothing. Since God has called and prepared us to do good works, we need to do something to discover what they are.
- What is one way I can discover my spiritual gift this month? OR If you already know what your spiritual gift is, how can I use my gift better even during COVID this month?
As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.