Pioneers: Her Needs
PIONEERS – Her Needs
Icebreaker: What is your least favorite job to do around the house?
(Just a side note, icebreaker questions aren’t my strong suit, feel free to insert your own!)
Husbands, love your wives (OR, What Women Need)
- What was the order we were told to look last week? (UP, IN, OUT)
Love – Read Ephesians 5: 25-32
- What is the one thing that husbands are told to do in vs 25?
- These verses bounce back and forth between Christ loving the church and a man loving his wife. What are examples of Christ loving the church?
- What is Christ’s goal for the church?
- What are some of the goals that a husband should have for a marriage?
Pursuit – Read Matt 19:5
- What are the two things that a man needs to do in this verse?
- Why is it necessary to both leave and cleave?
- What are the definitions that Tim gave for cleave? (Glue and pursue)
- What do those words mean to you? OR How is Christ’s pursuit of you similar to man’s pursuit of a wife?
Protect – Read John 17:12, Malachi 2:16, 1 Cor 13:7, 1 Peter3:7
- What did Jesus do for his disciples while he was with them?
- What are ways Jesus protected the disciples?
- What are ways that a husband can protect his wife?
- What example did Tim provide us to protect us from chocolate stains? (M&M’s) What does this example mean to you?
- (Thought question, no need to share unless the group is open to it) Have you ever asked your spouse what they most needed from you?
- Sorry, this application is for the guys – What can you do in the next week to show love, pursuit, and/or protection for your spouse or girlfriend?
Ladies, your turn next week!!
As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.
Click a button below to share: