Pioneers: The Journey of Marriage
PIONEERS – The Journey of Marriage
Icebreaker: Who were your best friends in high school and are you still in contact with them? Just a side note, icebreaker questions aren’t my strong suit, feel free to insert your own!
- What examples of marriage are we given in the Bible?
- Why do you think it is so hard to continue a relationship for the long haul?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:1-3 – Why do you think love is so much more important that all the other things listed in these verses?
- How do you see love fitting into NLC’s prayer for all attenders to Know Jesus, Find Community, Discover Purpose, and Live the Mission?
- How did Tim say all people intuitively do relationships? (Out, in, up) Why do you think this is the typical way to do it?
- UP: Read Matt 22:37 – What is the first and greatest commandment?
- What does this commandment mean to you?
- Read Eph 5: 22,25 – How dose God fit into the examples of the marriage relationship?
- Does this change your view of what a marriage relationship should look like?
- IN: Read Psalms 139:23, Lamentations 3:40, Matt 7:4 – Who is searching/examining us in these verses? (God and me)
- How can this get messed up if our relatinship with God isn’t as it should be?
- OUT: As humans, what is the easiest way to evaluate others?
- Read Romans 5:6-8 – How should we look at ourselves?
- As sinners like the rest of humanity, how should that fact affect our view of all of our relationships, and especially our marriage relationship?
- What is one thing you can do to ensure you are looking inward first in your marriage and other close relationships? As always, feel free to make this study your own.
These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.
Click a button below to share: