Taking Flight – Live the Mission
Icebreaker: What do you remember about your first airplane flight?
- Read John 14:12, Matt 28:18-20. What does in mean to you that believers can do greater things than Jesus did?
- What command were the disciples given?
- Do you believe this command is also given to us today?
- What assurance were the disciples given?
- Read 1 Corinthians 13:4-7. What are some things that love is?
- What is love not?
- Read Genesis 1:27, Romans 12:4-5. What does it mean to you that all people are created in God’s image?
- How can we be different if we were all made in God’s image?
- Do you see the differences as a benefit or a problem?
- How do you think God views our differences?
I. See God as He is
- Read Jeremiah 9:24. What is to be our cause to boast?
- Why do you think God delights in this?
II. See Jesus in us
- Read Galatians 2:20, John 15:4-5. What does it mean to you to bear much fruit?
III. See one another as a part of us
- Read 1 Corinthians 3:16-23, John 15:12-15. What should be a foundation of the church?
IV. See them as I was
- Read Ephesians 2:1-10. How were we saved?
Application – Pray about how God wants you to live the mission both in the church and in the community.
As always, feel free to make this study your own. These questions are only discussion starters to help you get the conversation going.