The Keys: Unlocking God’s Blessings – Marriage and Sex
Scripture: Matt 19:3-6, Gen. 2:15-18, Genesis 2:15-18, Ephesians 5:22, 25
Icebreaker: What country would you travel to if you knew there was a chance you
would have to stay there for up to a year?
- All of us have a picture of marriage, we may have gotten it from our parents, or
maybe it was a family we knew. When you think about marriage where do you get
your idea of what a marriage should be from?
- Tim mentioned that loneliness can be found just as easily inside a marriage. Why is this true?
- During times of Stress it can put a strain on a marriage, what are some common
places frustration can pop up in marriage and with our spouses?
- We talked about 4 basic needs:
• acceptance- Accept me for who I am
• identity- Who I am?
• security- Am I safe and secure?
• purpose- What is the meaning of life?
Which of those four do you tend to look for in a relationship?
- Read Matt 19:3-6 – Tim talked about the need for us to value our Marriage. And that value is made known to us in what we are willing to give up or sacrifice. What are some big or small things that you see your spouse giving up for you?
- Compare and Contrast Ephesians 5:22 and 5:25. What is asked of each spouse in
- How does recognizing each others value, make Sex better in marriage?
Note: Please take the time to tailor these questions to your group dynamic.